In this unique, knowledge packed masterclass you will learn all the basics as well as higher-level, non-technical expertise needed to master your understanding of blockchain technology and its impact on supply chain.
Practical, real-life applications, separation of hype from reality and a deep understanding of concepts, operational functionality and the important components of the ecosystem results in a very impactful 2 day course for business leaders.
Your trainer Enrico Camerinelli
Enrico Camerinelli is a globally renown expert of supply chain finance and blockchain, whose current area of focus is on global transaction banking, supply chain finance, blockchain and corporate treasury systems. He is a founding member of the Supply Chain Finance Community and member of the Italian delegation at the United Nations Center for Electronic Commerce and Trade Facilitation.
Enrico has been widely quoted by publications ranging from American Banker to the Financial Times. He has contributed editorial content to publications such as Supply Chain Europe, served as a consulting editor with The Global Treasurer, and is the author of Measuring the Value of the Supply Chain, a book about linking financial performance to the supply chain. He is regularly invited to speak at the most prestigious industry events, such as Sibos and EuroFinance.
His illustrious career has seen him in Board Member and expert roles for supra-national organizations focused on supply chain and trade finance, senior operational roles in Supply Chain and Plant Management, VP-level roles in business advisory, senior positions in leading ERP software firms, as well as senior positions in elite global research firms, specializing on supply chain, trade finance, wholesale banking and blockchain.
• Introduction to blockchain and examples of how the technology works
• Blockchain: Logic, Structure, Security
• Public and private blockchains
• Public blockchains: the Bitcoin blockchain
• Double-spending risk and crypto IOU
• The consensus protocol- Proof of Work
• Private blockchains: the consensus mechanism
• Private blockchains: Hyperledger Fabric
• Cryptocoins that matter to Supply Chain managers: Bitcoin, Ether, Monero, Iota
• From paper to digital contracts
• Understanding smart contracts: the robot executes the contract
• Ethereum: how it works, Virtual Machine, accounts
• Ethereum smart contracts
• Why Smart Contracts are important in supply chain management
• Interaction with IoT applications and AI algorithms
• Food & Beverage
• Oil and Gas
• Notarization (Time Stamping/History of transactions/ Reputation)
• Title transfer
• Chain of possession (Provenance)
• Smart contracts
• Irrevocability/ Immutability
• Ownership and uniqueness of separately held documents (e.g., documents associated with an LC)
• Reasons why supply chain collaboration is so difficult to achieve and how blockchain can help
– Siloed systems
– Lack of standards
– Wait-and-see mentality
• What still needs to be done to move from concept to realization